Tumbling out my secrets #writebravely

20180624_102237_0001.png

I love daily blogging challenges as long as they are 7 days long. It is fun switching from blogging once in 7 days to blogging 7 days in a row though I will tell you a secret it becomes quite a toil from the 3rd day onwards.

You may ask ‘Toil? Do I even know what it is?‘ Toil is A to Z challenge – reading and writing for 26 days in the month of April. Toil is bearing all the exhaustion and coming out with an eBook of your 26 posts after completing the A to Z challenge. Toil is to promote your eBook night and day on social media and in the real world to make sure no one, absolutely no one on your timeline, online or offline, misses out on your biggest achievement. Toil is then to keep a tab on who says what about your book baby in reviews. I have to tell you have convinced me what real toil is in the world of blogging challenges. I bow down to you.

Now, since I began with talking of my secret and that did not work for you, let me tell you a few personal ones. You see I am the best when I talk or rather write about myself.

Secret #1 – You’d never believe me if I told you that I am an alien, but it’s true and I can prove it.

I have always believed I do not belong to this world. I have moved around quite a substantial times in life. I do not feel connected to the earth. I can uproot myself very easily because my sky moves around with me. The night sky fascinates me and I imagine myself hanging upside down from the sky as if I have my roots high above.

However, Dhruv does not accept my alien theory. He tells me I must stop assuming myself to be an alien because I failed the alien test miserably. The one he conducted on me by pulling both my ears to see if any antenna comes out. No antenna came out.

Secret #2 – You’d never believe me if I told you that I am weird, but it’s true and I can prove it.

I have the ability to look drycleaned every day even without a shower. Daily baths are not for me.

I stop feeling like a mother the moment I drop Dhruv at school until the time I go to pick him up. And, then on the way back home from school, I still walk in disbelief and wonder at him walking beside me or ahead of me if I really had given birth to him and how.

I am the funniest person but only when sitting behind the laptop screen.

I am capable of boring people to death in real life.

I am a hardcore filmy person who will spur out at least 5 dialogues in a day not only from films but also from the olden times’ advertisements, whether it is in my blog posts or interactions within the family. My favorite dialogue these days is ‘Aisi sati ki jai ho.’ The jaadu ki jhappis (hugs) in my household have given way to veer tilaks.

I have a few more secrets to share but I have to stop here for already having crossed 500 words.

Do you have a secret of yours to tell me? I promise not to tell anyone.

I am taking part in the Write Tribe Festival of Words June 2018 and this is my post for Day 1 in response to the prompt ‘You’d never believe me if I told you that I _____________, but it’s true and I can prove it.’

Write Tribe

27 thoughts on “Tumbling out my secrets #writebravely

1. Balaka says:

I love you…but today I am loving you more after reading those hilarious lines on eBook promotion💓💓💓💓
    You had me in splits..trust me…poora depression chala Gaya woh padke…and Dhruv pulling your ears to check if antenna is coming out is perhaps the best line I read today…it was so funny I even shared with my son…and then became quite thoughtful..i hope he doesn’t pick it up and test on me… looking forward to more such amazing posts from you in the next 6 days…this is what I call write bravely😘😘

2. Shilpa Arya says:

Haha this made me laugh out loud girl.. for a moment all my stress just vanished . It is fun to read and unfortunately it is all true. Dhruv testing is awesome . Ask him to check periodically, some times the antennas sprout out late.

3. Rashmi says:

Oh, I agree with the relentless promotion on social media to ensure that no one misses out on one’s achievements! And yes, the dry cleaning part? I am with you on that too 😀 About the alient theory, now – hhmm…maybe there is a certain way, your ears need to be pulled for the antennae to come out….I’d guess, Dhruv will figure it out sooner than later 😀 Until then…

4. Amrita says:

I want to meet Dhruv .He sounds too cute .But you my dear wrote all about toil with the right amount of sauce. Love it that you are an alien.I believe I am a tree

Such hilarious secrets you’ve got, Anamika! But I must tell you it’s not funny to bore people to death in real life. Give them your blog to read at least. I’m sure your words would revive life back in them. 😉
    Good start to the FOW, dear!

6. Shilpa Garg says:

Hahaha. This has been my first fun post since morning! You certainly cannot be boring if you can add filmi dialogues in a conversation. That’s really sad that your antenna didnt pop out at the right time 😀

No no nk you shouldn’t have stopped. That antenna part really cracked me up… What a genuine way to test your alien theory. 😀 keep these posts coming 😀

What? No antenna? Did he check under your hair? There I knew it!
    You’re so bang on about the A to Z and the ebook promotion. That is pure hard work.

9. Rachna says:

This was hilarious, Anamika. I like the alien test that Dhruv did on you. 🙂 I am completely convinced that you are an alien and weird as well. Seriously, drycleaned. 🙂 I think all of us relate so well because we are all weird.

10. Modern Gypsy says:

You’re too funny Anamika! That alien test Dhruv did on you was too cute. As for being weird, I’m sure most of us can relate to that one because we are all a bit weird in our own unique ways 😉

11. Mayuri6 says:

This was such a fun read, Anamika! I am not the only one who enjoyed reading about the Alien Test:))))
    I have done 30 day challenges, got an ebook out of it and promoted it too. I so agree with you, it IS exhausting!:))))))

12. syncwithdeep says:

love this blasting post. have heard of you from fellow bloggers to be an interesting and hilarious engager.. but experienced virtually after reading this post. great take on the prompt 🙂

13. Gleefulblogger says:

This is such a bright happy post I wanted to read today. I somehow relate to this post, as my bestie is somewhat like the one mentioned above. I have pulled her ears many times to see any antenna propping out. Lol