“How do you write a gratitude post when you are feeling low?” is the question on my mind today. It actually wasn’t going to get done if I had not kept a daily gratitude journal.
On 25th April, I started the practice of writing daily in my gratitude journal. I missed a day here and there in between during the month of May but as soon as I got back I made sure I had something to write down for the missed day/s.
Therefore, despite me not feeling too good about the state of certain affairs these days, I am still able to share my gratitude list with you. (Caution – this is a long list.)
- On 30th April, my guest post got published on Shailaja Vishwanath’s blog Diary of a Doting Mom. Getting a chance to write a guest post for her was an inconceivable dream come true for me. Inconceivable because I never thought I could be good enough to write decently for a blogger of her stature. Writing a guest post comes with great responsibility.
- 30th April was the day Dhruv began school here. I had heard a lot of stories and personal experiences of husband’s colleagues how getting a space in a school could be a big issue. I am grateful that out of the 3 schools we visited, we were able to secure admission in the 3rd school on our list after the first two rejected our admission appeal due to unavailability of space. I am glad things worked out smoothly.
- I am also grateful that Dhruv is happy in his school and given his high sensitivity this is a big feat for the school, for us and for him too. This morning he told me in India, the teacher never listened to me but I was required to listen to her but here I have to listen to the teacher and the teacher also listens to me.
- 30th April was also the day of our 12th wedding anniversary. Frankly, I had stopped counting after we completed the 5th year and the last 7 years were a hell of a roller coaster ride. The fact that today the three of us are together and are in a happy space is worth being grateful for.
- May was Dhruv’s birthday month. He turned 7 this year. I am grateful for his good health and the fact there is so much to learn from him. About CARS.
- May was the month I got back to regular blogging after a gap of 3 months. After days and weeks of feeling bogged down by the household chores and complaining to parents and a few close friends, I was finally able to prioritize blogging over everything else. A special note of thanks to Vinitha Dileep for hearing me patiently during this period.
- During the time I was away from blogging in April and May, I got the opportunity to catch up with a few movies – Love Per Square Foot, Mukkabaaz, Sonu ke TiTu ki Sweety and Victoria & Abdul.
- May was also a month of plenty of holidays which meant we went out quite often. We went to Blackpool Zoo, Blackpool Pleasure Beach (amusement park) and Windermere. It was our 3rd trip to these places since the time we first arrived here in 2013. It was a pleasure to revisit memories with a slightly grown-up Dhruv and to experience the difference in his tantrums between then and now. Though dealing with tantrums is hardly a pleasure.
- We missed visiting the Roald Dahl Museum because it closed down due to flooding. However, I am grateful that we were already on the way to Great Missenden (museum) when we got the news about flooding and returning home wasn’t left as an option. We spent the break at the hotel which to our surprise was on a hill with a misty view of the surroundings. One thing I have noticed about England is you can hardly notice you are driving up the hills (unless you are in the north) because the roads keep straight and do not go round and round the hills like in India. On our way back home the next day, we discovered a fabulous place full of greenery at Stafford Services, North while on a break from driving on the motorway.
- The last one is not from May but 1st June. I am grateful that my blog found a listing in the Top Indian Blogs Directory for the 2nd consecutive year in 2018. When this happened last year for the first time, I considered it a miracle given the comparatively low page views my blog gets. I have to be thankful for the engagement my blog and I have in the blogging circle.