I realize it has been a considerable time since I treated you with Dhruv’s questions last. Keeping the entertainment quotient high for this week’s Monday Musings, here are his questions –
- How many flights does one have to change when going to Brazil from India? (There have been similar questions in the past too and they never seem to end.)
- If it would take 7 days by road to reach Delhi from Bangalore then how many days will it take to reach Gurgaon? And what if we started our journey from Mysore instead of Bangalore, then how many days? (This is just one scenario. I have tried mapping distances from various Indian cities to Pakistan, Afghanistan, and even Jordan. The Google Maps has been of no help. How did he get to know Jordan, a small country which might go untraceable on the world map is my question.)
- Is Hawai a very cold place because there is ‘hawa‘ (read: the wind) in its name? (No connection, does it seem to us?)
- Shouldn’t we be discussing the stories in my books with each other like we discuss the ones in his books? (Now, this can be tricky.)
- Why do people flush their dead pet fish in the toilet? Do the fish not deserve some kindness from humans?
- Why is his life so boring waking up every morning at the same time followed by freshening up followed by brushing teeth followed by eating a banana followed by taking a bath followed by getting into school uniform followed by having an egg and a cup of milk for breakfast followed by picking up his bag and lunch bag and going to school? (Do you remember my complaining similarly about my morning schedule a few weeks back?)
- Why am I never satisfied with the way he writes in his notebooks since every time I keep complaining either he writes too big or he writes too small?
- Why does he always lose in the board games and I always end up winning? (I don’t tell him this way the game ends faster. I have been advised by my elders to let him win.)
On a closing note, I have been rechristened with a new name. Actually, not one but two – Badspectacled Mother and Madspectacled Mother. I see it a good way to practice rhyming words, however.
Linking this post to #MondayMusings