8 questions for treat #MondayMusings

I realize it has been a considerable time since I treated you with Dhruv’s questions last. Keeping the entertainment quotient high for this week’s Monday Musings, here are his questions –

school-2253459_960_720

Image source: Pixabay

1. How many flights does one have to change when going to Brazil from India? (There have been similar questions in the past too and they never seem to end.)
  2. If it would take 7 days by road to reach Delhi from Bangalore then how many days will it take to reach Gurgaon? And what if we started our journey from Mysore instead of Bangalore, then how many days? (This is just one scenario. I have tried mapping distances from various Indian cities to Pakistan, Afghanistan, and even Jordan. The Google Maps has been of no help. How did he get to know Jordan, a small country which might go untraceable on the world map is my question.)
  3. Is Hawai a very cold place because there is ‘hawa‘ (read: the wind) in its name? (No connection, does it seem to us?)
  4. Shouldn’t we be discussing the stories in my books with each other like we discuss the ones in his books? (Now, this can be tricky.)
  5. Why do people flush their dead pet fish in the toilet? Do the fish not deserve some kindness from humans?
  6. Why is his life so boring waking up every morning at the same time followed by freshening up followed by brushing teeth followed by eating a banana followed by taking a bath followed by getting into school uniform followed by having an egg and a cup of milk for breakfast followed by picking up his bag and lunch bag and going to school? (Do you remember my complaining similarly about my morning schedule a few weeks back?)
  7. Why am I never satisfied with the way he writes in his notebooks since every time I keep complaining either he writes too big or he writes too small?
  8. Why does he always lose in the board games and I always end up winning? (I don’t tell him this way the game ends faster. I have been advised by my elders to let him win.)

On a closing note, I have been rechristened with a new name. Actually, not one but two – Badspectacled Mother and Madspectacled Mother. I see it a good way to practice rhyming words, however.

Linking this post to #MondayMusings

15 thoughts on “8 questions for treat #MondayMusings

Hahaha I am still laughing at the new names you got madspectacled ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†
    That Hawaii question is so hilarious and so cute as well. You must be having an interesting time at home.

He’s cute, this boy of yours and funny. That bit about Hawai and why you shouldn’t be discussing your books – very very logical.

I laughed reading the questions …feel like I’ve got a renewed burst of energy after reading your post, Anamika. ๐Ÿ˜€ Hugs to Dhruv. One thing I can vouch for is that they are all ‘original Dhruv ponderings’ and secondly, the fact that those questions are not just interesting and thoght-provoking, but they are also meant to keep your brain occupied as you figure out the answers, so that your own life and problems will seem very insignificant in comparison. You can always fall back on the two names he has given you…if and when you are bored with the current name, that is. ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€

4. writershilpa says:

Hahaha!
    Where do they get all that information from? I mean, names of places one won’t find on the map!
    His question no. 5 touched a chord…really, why DO people flush down their dead pet fish? Why not give it a proper burial with all due respects!
    Such a sweetie sweetie kid he is! โค

5. Sulekha says:

Cute nicknames ๐Ÿ™‚ Children keep their parents on their toes nowadays. I miss spending time with my kids now that they are all grown up and working in their respective office/company. I always give this advice young mothers – make the most of your precious times with your little ones, they grow up so fast. Enjoyed reading your post.

6. Keerthi Vydyula says:

ha ha..Kids now a days seem to know a lot than we think (sometimes questions of my nephew leave me stumped!) Funny questions indeed. Loved the question about Hawaii ๐Ÿ˜€ I don’t think i could have thought about it like that!

7. Healthwealthbridge by Dr.Amrita Basu says:

I was smiling away because my mom used to feel as confused with my 1001 questions.I lived all his questions The travel distance questions are excellent He will learn those Arithmetic sums quicker .But the q where he wants to discuss characters in his books is priceless .Loads of kisses to the Little Dhruv.You have a very special little boy/young man there .Curiosity is a sign of high intellect.
    I adored the post .You are a superstarspectacled mommy .BTW I wear specs too๐Ÿ˜Š

8. Shalzmojo says:

Ooooof What a precocious kid-I am more curious to know how you answered them all ๐Ÿ˜‰
    I wonder who he noticed flushing the fish down to ask you that question and yes he is right IMO – can we not be a little caring for our little fishy pets too!!

• Shalzmojo says:

My neighbour’s fish dies (I would babysit him) and I have been telling her to plant it in a pot and then put a plant like basil or tulsi in it and water it with love everyday. She isnt too keen as she feels she will make too big a deal out of it and not get over it! But flushing the fish was not the option at all ๐Ÿ™‚