Jab Harry met… #MondayMusings

I am not a fan of watching Hindi movies. There was a time, a decade or so earlier, when I liked to watch them but not anymore. And romances are a strict no. I just can’t bear them. I shall hold my middle age and the quote ‘Sansaar ek mithya hai‘ (This world is a misnomer) responsible for my present orientation.

This weekend,ย I learnt the truth in the saying ‘Never say never’.
jab-harry-met-sejal_640x480_71497002946

It is the movie Jab Harry met Sejal. I find myself hooked onto its trailer, the songs, the videos of the songs, the interviews, everything. Yes, you have got it. The crazy bug has hit me.

No more songs from the 50s and the 60s were sung or hummed in the house over this weekend since both Dhruv and I were swinging to the tune of –

Butterfly ban ke

Le angraaee tan ke

oh aaja gori aaja kheton main.

On Saturday night, just before we were about to go to sleep, I told Dhruv with a sigh – “I really really want to go and watch this movie.”

Him: “So, what is the problem?”

Me: “The problem is I don’t go watching movies alone.”

Him: “Tum akeli nahin ho mummy. Main hoon na. You are not alone. I am here to go with you.”

Me: More sighs.

In case, you wish to tell me that Dhruv solved my problem with his assurance, I must tell you it hasn’t. I don’t want to end up analyzing and answering questions about what happens in this movie on the screen for 3 hours.

Woes of parenting single-handedly!

Linking this post toย #MondayMusings

and Microblog Mondays.

Microblog_Mondays

19 thoughts on “Jab Harry met… #MondayMusings

Aw.. that’s sad. You know what? I’m a similar space. I really need to start watching films on my own. That would be such a liberating feeling. Though of course it isn’t half as much fun as watching it in the company of friends. Oh and I love romantic films but the son is already labelling them ‘Yuk’ and that’s the end of the matter. I still have hope in my daughter, though.

2. Nabanita Dhar says:

haha…I have stopped watching Hindi movies for some time unless something good comes up. I haven’t see the trailer also much since I hardly get to watch TV these days. SRK used to fascinate me earlier in the sense that I was crazy about him but I guess with age, I have been converted. Maybe I’ll catch up with this one when it’s there for download. And about watching movies alone, my sister says it’s fun. If I stayed nearby, I would have taken care fo Dhruv while you watched the movie ๐Ÿ™‚

3. Esha M Dutta says:

We do surprise ourselves at times, don’t we, Anamika? It must be a fun watch as it appears from the title itself. Like a light hearted book that can be a refreshing change for someone who loves serious reading, even a light hearted movie is good to watch every once in a while. I think you must get someone to look after Dhruv and catch a show anyway. The other option as suggested by Dhruv is also there. If you do take him along, remember all got to do is to brace yourself for a round of Q&A afterwards! ๐Ÿ˜€

4. Prajakta says:

I don’t remember the last time I visited a movie theatre. But I am also eagerly waiting for this movie. Reasons being totally different. A part of the movie was shot in Prague.. and that’s why I am waiting

5. Lata Sunil says:

I go with my sons all the time. I love the company. For movies with adult content, the husband is willing to come. But, I wouldn’t mind watching on my own. I love watching movies a lot.

6. Shalzmojo says:

I just adore watching movies and am waiting with bated breath for this one!! You guessed it, am a huge SRK fan and so this movie is a must watch for me ๐Ÿ˜‰

I wish I could give you company for it though fair warning, I will be drooling and sighing and in general being a total nuisance during it!! ( Ask my friends who have seen me watching the trailers ๐Ÿ˜‰ )

7. kreativemommy says:

The movie actually looks good but its better to wait for reviews than go and waste our time and money. My daughters are no longer interested in Hindi movies and they do not want to come with us for movies. I took them to jagga jasoos which was a disaster. Now my elder one has given me an ultimatum- No more hindi movies. ๐Ÿ™‚

8. Sheethalsusan says:

I am a crazy fan of SRK. I religiously watch all his movies in the theatre mostly in the first few days of the release itself. But it was always with my younger Bro. And now he just moved to college to another place. Ever since the release date was announced we both were like, With whom we are going this time?

9. Mayuri6 says:

I love watching movies in the theatre, no matter how good or bad they may be!:)) I love watching some movies alone, as my Telugu husband , whose Hindi is as bad as my Telugu is, keeps up a steady stream of questions and analysis, a la Dhruv :))))
    Go watch the film alone, Anamika. I am assuring you that you will enjoy the experience!:)

10. Rachna says:

Gather some girlfriends, some movies are best with them. Most times, I just wait for the movie to come on TV. But this movie doesn’t work for me. Well, the stuff SRK does these days hardly does. ๐Ÿ™‚ You have a cute kiddo.

11. shanayatales says:

Aww that’s sweet of him to offer. But you are right..who knows what kind of content is in there.

I guess it’s best to go catch it with some girlfriends. Of course you could go watch it alone as well. But since I haven’t been able to do it so far, how can I preach?

12. Shailaja V says:

Such an awww moment. Kids are like that. And I strongly recommend what the others say. Get some girlfriends together and go for a morning show. It will be great fun! I promise you. Even if the movie is bad you’ll have a blast.

I really really want to watch this movie as well. The trailer is hilarious and I actually like SRK. Yeah it would be funny if you take your kid and end up answering 3 million questions in 3 hours ๐Ÿ˜‚

14. Mel says:

Watch it twice! First one is a silent, try to absorb everything, Dhruv. Then he can ask questions AFTER the movie. And then see it again now that he understands. And you get to see it twice, to boot ๐Ÿ™‚

15. zainab says:

I’m a super duper SRK fan and so pumped up to check out the movie.:)
    And, even if I know the movie would be like ‘ Happy new year ‘ I still watch his films because #fangirl.
    Might miss the first day though but yay to this one!

16. Upasna Sethi says:

I donโ€™t remember the last time I visited a movie theater.But I think watching movies is better with friends.And now i wont mind if I need to go alone for a movie, required that the movie should match my taste. #mondaymusings

17. BellyBytes says:

Never wait for someone to see a movie with. I see so many movies on my own. I remember the first time I did it, I pretended that the person I was with had gone to the loo or something. Then I realised no one cared if I was alone or not.
    But is the movie worth it? I am not too fond of Imtiaz Ali – his movies are quite torturous. I find the idea of an old Shah Rukh romancing a girl half his age quite repulsive. But on the other hand, I am like Shah Rukh’s dumb movies – they actually make me smile with their inanities. So is this movie worth seeing?