5 favourite online shopping sites #MMM
Shopping used to be such a big task years ago. Whether, it was shopping for groceries, vegetables, clothes, household items or anything, it would consume whole of the Sunday. We braved the heat and the bitter cold, stood by the parents, walked with them past the unruly vehicles while they hopped from shop to shop comparing the prices. I admit this process made me develop a perennial dislike for shopping. The other day, I was discussing with my father how shopping has become easier in the present times. There is no need to rush out in the city traffic (which has become humongous compared to olden days), burn the fuel and our energy. Just open the app on the phone or the website on the laptop and finish off the shopping in a matter of few minutes.
Last week, Dhruv participated in a dance programme organised for the Republic Day function in our apartment. The costume requirement for the programme was a white full sleeved cotton shirt, blue jeans and black shoes. While blue jeans and black shoes were readily available at home, it was the white shirt which gave me quite a hard deal. The other moms were also finding it difficult to arrange the same and amongst us we divided the nearby markets for our search expedition. To our dismay, it wasn’t available anywhere. With just 2 days to go until 26th Jan and my anxiety reaching high levels, out of the blue, Dhruv suggested why don’t I check Amazon. And guess what, my problem got solved. I got a good quality Giny and Jony shirt, at a discounted price, delivered the next morning. Online shopping proved to be a boon, isn’t it?
My 5 favourite online shopping websites which make my life easy are –
- Amazon – The search stops here. Be it books or buying birthday gifts for Dhruv’s friends or stationery or art & craft supplies, everything is available on Amazon at the lowest prices.
- Jabong – Jabong takes care of all my clothing needs. Without Jabong, I would have been still dependent on my annual Delhi trips to get my supply of salwar suits under my mother’s supervision. Trying out sizes within the comfort of my home, without the terror of see through mirrors of the trial rooms, and easy returns makes Jabong my favourite.
- Hopscotch – Hopscotch is the site I have recently discovered and which I trust for Dhruv’s clothing. This site has clothes with attractive designs and reasonable prices.
- Big basket – I prefer buying organic fruits and vegetables and these are not available nearby my house, thus Big Basket. A proactive customer support ensures any grievances are handled on priority and to the customer’s satisfaction.
- Grofers – I am a huge fan of Patanjali products and Grofers is one such place which brings most of the Patanjali items at the customer’s doorstep.
Also linking this post with #MondayMusings and #Microblog Mondays