15 things which make me happy #MondayMusings
2 weeks of January 2017 have already passed. How fast does time fly, isn’t it? Time simply keeps ticking away and if we do not take the initiative ourselves to pause and reflect, we are sure to get sucked in the tide.
It is January and the whole of North India is shivering under the spell of freezing temperatures. This period means that my parents fly down south to Bangalore to spend time with us. This year, we have a full on re-union with my brother and sister-in-law also joining us in the city. It has been happier times for me and Dhruv waiting for them to arrive and finally, that they have arrived, we are experiencing some difficulty in containing our ever-spilling euphoria.
While I express gratitude for these happy moments, I thought it would be worthwhile to put together my list of things which make me content and joyous any given day.
- A pan pizza with jalapeno and pineapple toppings.
- Waking up everyday by 5 am so as to get half-an-hour to spend time all alone with myself and get my mind sorted.
- Winding up my day and hitting the bed by 8.30 pm to have 30-45 minutes of relaxed reading time with Dhruv.
- My head space filled with books.
- Dhruv insisting on finishing off the chapter, he is reading, on priority when I ask him to sleep in case he is feeling sleepy or it is past his sleeping time.
- Witnessing the progress we are making with respect to his reading ability from the days when we started almost 4 years ago.
- Getting baffled by his questions.
- My own reading time which I steal from other chores.
- Not getting to cook sometimes.
- Eavesdropping on the stories Dhruv and his father conjure up and tell each other over the long ISD calls.
- Online connections with like-minded bloggers and getting to know them personally through their stories.
- Reminiscing the good olden times.
- Watching the Universe conspiring and re-establishing relationships with people I had decided I have got out of touch with.
- Becoming carefree when around my parents.
- The place where I live presently. There are 4 very old and shady Banyan and Peepal trees inside the apartment compound which keep the apartment complex cooler than the outside in summers.
Would you like to join me in making your own happy list? I will be happy to pass on the tag.
I am tagging Vasantha Vivek of My Sweet Nothings to join me with her happy list.