Questions raising me!
This space, when it started, was about me and my struggles in raising the toddler Dhruv, primarily single handedly. Life, relations, connections, all had taken a toll on my spirit, breaking me. I was in complete shambles and that reflected in Dhruv too. As I moved along the way, I worked on fixing myself and, consequently, him. Books and reading helped tremendously and we, Dhruv and I, became avid readers. This resulted in this blog talking about his books that we read and our interactions that followed.
Over the last year, this space has seen another make-over with it becoming more about Dhruv’s questions. Questions which come from the stories we read, the places we visit, the programmes and movies we watch or many-a-times just from the whim of his mind. His questions leave me amused, overwhelmed, bewildered, searching my conscience and making amendments in my ways. They also cause me to pat my back , sometimes for providing him clear understanding of aspects rather than dismissing them and on other times for landing into a tangle knowingly. As much as I can say I am raising him, his questions deserve equal credit for raising me up, down, in all directions.
I am raising him and his questions are raising me!
In him, I also see myself – the one with a head full of weird questions but which never left (and never leave) my head space. I did not pose questions to others outside but waited to get my answers in the event of passing time and the answers did come, some in time while some late or very late. May be this explains my patience.
If this musing has become a tad bit heavy for a Monday morning, then try answering a few questions, courtesy you know whom, –
- Why are creams (body, face, medicinal) white in colour?
- Did someone shove Pluto out of the solar system with his hands?
- Why don’t we go to Paris? (Paris because this time Papa flew to England by Air France and his connecting flight was from Paris)
- Why do some people (read: Papa) get visa and we cannot?
- Which Tyre do you like? Apollo Tyre, JK Tyre or MRF Tyre?
- What will happen if the car’s petrol tank is left open and its door is not shut after filling petrol?
- Why is there a single line for women for security clearance at the Bangalore Airport while there are so many for men?
- Why do the advertisements tell us repeatedly to ‘Build toilets’ (shauchalaya banwayein)?
- Did we buy TV faltu main (in vain)? Why are we wasting it when we do not watch it?
Linking up with #MommyTalks hosted by Nabanita Dhar.
Also, linking this post to Microblog Mondays