Let nobody come to know of what is going on in my mind this Monday morning.
Gosh!! I did that. I wrote the title of this post even before I know anything further.
I can hear the laughing sounds of my mother and brother in my head over my atrocious attempt with the post title. I can hear them, rolling over to their sides back and forth, saying, “Baby, you don’t have it.” Those are the 2 style Icons and the fashion police of my small family of 4 which is soon going to add a new member and we are thus going on to becoming ‘Hum Paanch’.
Where are you Papa? Why can’t I hear you?
I get it. I get it. It is better to stay quiet or else find yourself being blamed for passing on the XYZ genes and chromosomes and mitochondria over to me. I love the sound of myto-kon-dria.
Muting those blaring voices.
Without much ado, my style quotient –
- The cosmetic industry does not exist for me. Running tap water does.
- Nothing gives the comfort feeling like a palazzo. But, of course when it is paired with a tunic or a kurta, never alone. Decency is my core value.
- I don’t go out to buy clothes, I jabong them. Buying clothes physically is exhausting and the trial rooms, with or without the long queues, are haunting.
- I prefer staying grounded so flats with an inch of heel are just the right thing for me. Be it casual, formal or marriage wear. Did you expect party wear? Nuh! I don’t go partying. By the way I got married ages back. Makes me ancient.
- Give me any haircut – U cut, V cut, Step cut, razor cut etc etc and I will show you how to tie them up with a lot of twistings and a clutcher. Etc etc only meant in addition to these 4 hair cut names, the 5th one that I know of is being bald. Hence, you know how much I know.
- Any handbag will do for me as long as it is gifted, big as a sack, brown or black in colour, has a zipper and takes voice commands as in like Google search.
If you thought you smiled or giggled or chuckled or laughed, please pay homage to the disease of chickenpox which has engulfed me at present. Without it, I was facing a real difficult time of claiming my sense of humour back.
Linking this post with Microblog Mondays and Monday Musings