cherished-badge16

The keychain #CBF16

I came across Cherished Blogfest last year in 2015 where bloggers shared stories about one of their cherished object. Honestly speaking, I gave it a sincere thought then however I couldn’t come to think of any object which I valued more than anything. Having always considered objects easily dispensable and replaceable, nothing came close to my heart – no object, no photograph, no heir loom. Standalone memories, yes, lots of them but no object in particular.

The cherished blogfest makes a comeback this year once again putting my brain’s machinery to work. And, this time, I do have an object. This object is a key chain which has a figure painted in such a way that it looks like a girl dressed in traditional Japanese attire. This was a gift from my brother who got it for me from his Tokyo visit last year. He selected it carefully keeping my favourite colour in mind – various shades of red. I took an instant liking for it when he showed it to me. This key chain holds my house keys. I simply love it when it dangles down my finger.

wp-1469686563477

I happen to cherish it for one more reason. I have always lived in houses which either belonged to my parents or in-laws where they were the decision makers and I was just a family member. I never owned anything, never could change anything Β For the first time, when I changed the old key chain of the house, I presently live in, with this new one, I discovered the feeling of independence of being able to make my choices with respect to how I want to lead my life and to own those choices.

Linking this post with Cherished Blogfest 2016

cherished-badge16

28 thoughts on “The keychain #CBF16

That’s such a cute one and I feel the joy you are talking about. Sometimes objects go beyond the utility they are set to serve and make a special place in our heart for themselves. Isn’t it?
    I participated in CBF last year too and was excited for the new edition. Looking forward to read more around. πŸ™‚

2. Dashy says:

Connecting it with your independence does make the keychain all the more special, let alone being a gift from your brother. I greatly cherish the keychains that are gifted to me. That keychain is really cute ! πŸ˜€

3. Dan Antion says:

Aw, that’s so cute! It’s amazing how such a tiny object can have so much meaning. Thank you for giving us a second look and for sharing your story. Dan – cohost – #CBF16

4. dweezer19 says:

Isn’t it amazing how something so seemingly insignificant can be the catalyst to such a momentous realization in our minds. Besides, it is such a unique keychain. I love it. Tha ks so much for joining the blogfest with us this year! I’m Cheryl.

5. Shailaja V says:

I absolutely adore keychains and collect them too! I have a bag full of them and some of them go back a long way. I admire how they mean so much to us and clearly, this one does to you. It’s an emotional moment πŸ™‚

6. Shilpa Gupte says:

First of all, that is the cutest keychain i have seen in a long time. No exaggeration there! And, second of all, I can so understand when you say changing the keychain gave you a feeling of independence. That emotion is something you will cherish always!

7. simonfalk28 says:

Looking at the delightful keychain, in it’s shades of red, I wondered if there were tales of where the keychain had been, or will be going. It speaks to me of adventures!

8. bikerchick57 says:

That’s a very unique keychain and I like that is has given you a sense of independence. Thanks for sharing your object and story and participating in the blogfest.

Mary J
    CBF Cohost

9. J.Gi Federizo says:

Oh, I collect keychains! They are mostly gifts from others but I like them anyway, especially if given to me sincerely by friends and family. Yours is totally cute! You\ve got a sweet bro. Wish I had a bro.