5 expectations from a homemaker – #Monday Musings
Every role in life comes with a bunch of expectations and so does it for a homemaker.
Who are the ones setting expectations – Both set of parents with one set consisting of the in-laws, the neighbours, the fellow homemakers and so on.
- She must be ‘lovingly’ cooking 3 meals a day, every day, with atleast one of them being lavish and elaborate.
- She must be performing all the religious rituals and observing fasting days (days of abstinence from food) diligently.
- She must surely know how to pickle mango, lemon and other seasonal vegetables. The common statements I face is – “Aam ka achaar daala hai kya?” and “Nimbu saste ho gaye hain, nimbu ka achaar daala hoga?”. Though these two lines look like questions but they are actually statements.
- She must be one bored woman who needs to watch daily soaps on TV or each and every video and jokes forwarded on Whatsapp to pass her time. She must be the one planning and attending kitty parties or other parties organised in the apartment’s clubhouse.
- She must not be having any opinion on the current spate of events in the country because all she is interested in is discussing and complaining the whole day about her mother-in-law and other members or affairs of the extended family, on phone or otherwise.
The reason I came up with this post is to accept my failure as a homemaker on these grounds barring one. I really do not have any opinion on what is going on in the country at the moment. All I can say is it is sheer madness.