A Liberating Conversation – #Monday Musings

We are feeling suffocated.

Why have you held us hostages?

Set us free. Set us free.

I will. I will. Soon

I will. I will. For sure.

I am waiting for inspiration to strike me to

present you all to the world in the most

interesting manner.

Interesting? Why?

You want to change us.

You want to manipulate us.

We are the exact reflection of you.

If youΒ tamper with us, do you think

you will remain the real you?

Oh! Shut up.

You all are too much of questions.

I am waiting to find my answers.

Think twice.

If we shut up, you are going to end up

strangulated.

Okay. Say what you have to .

Are you sure, you are letting us

speak for ourselves?

Mind you we can leave you uncomfortable.

Hmmm..

Now that you give your consent, be prepared.

Go ahead. Will you? Now?

Fine…

It’s been a week. You have been piling up stories after stories. We are 5 in all currently waiting for our turns to be freed from the clutches of your diary. Your diary when closed is no less than a dark dungeon. Show us the world. Hit the keyboard. Type us out. Press the publish button and watch us fly.

You are disillusioned and disenchanted presently. You are beating yourself hard with the notion that you are forcing your everyday life onto others. Relieve yourself. Remember, everyone has the right to make their own choices. Believe, those who join you in your stories come by choice and not by force. They speak to you and the stories you write because they identify with you.

You are shaking your head in disbelief. You seem to have reached in agreement with those who tell readers come with vested interests and they talk or comment with the intention of leaving their imprints which can be traced back to their own spaces. Wait a minute? Is there anything wrong with this? This is marketing. What happens in marketing and advertising, you see glimpses of products and services but you need not necessarily buy them and make use of all of them.

Recall the lesson you learnt – We all our on our respective journeys and if we burn our energies by focusing way too much on everybody else’s journeys, we are bound to suffer on on our own. Β Thus, take a pause and shift your focus inwards.

Free yourself from the lure of making every story and post interesting and appealing to others. Let them talk to you first.

Free yourself from the limitation of sticking to Mondays, only, for postings. Rest of the 6 days are also your playing grounds.

Free yourself from the urge to be recognized every time as someone who writes well. Accept the days gallantly when the words do not serve you justice.

A while ago, you were concluding to return to the lonesome times and we sensed you resolving not to share your posts any longer. You can try it out for a few times if solitude be the solution for you. May be, this way, you will get to meet those who are genuinely travelling with you, when they knock on the little crevices in your solitude.

This is also liberation.

Free yourself and set us free too.

Get yourself some breath and

let us breathe too.

I am feeling light,

positive Β and

happier already.

Linking this post to #MondayMusings hosted by Corinne Rodrigues and Richa Singh.

31 thoughts on “A Liberating Conversation – #Monday Musings

Writing is sometimes therapeutic … it doesn’t have to be perfect every time. πŸ™‚ Yes liberate your thoughts and let them flow πŸ™‚

2. Vasantha Vivek says:

Wow, Anamika ……. ❀ You rock ….. !!!! You make us wait for Mondays !!!
    " You are not here to compete or to impress but to create and venture on the path of self awareness" – very mind blowing and thought provoking words …. !!!

3. Beat About The Book says:

Oh I loved this struggle between you and your thoughts. I agree with them completely. Let them go – it’s your blog, your posts, your ideas, your thoughts. Write what you want and forget about the readers.

4. Corinne Rodrigues says:

I love the perspective, Anamika. Very strong reflection of what we do – muffle the words that want to spill out for fear of offending or shocking others. As you so well said, our words must speak to our own hearts first before we try to fit them to the tastes of others!

5. camanishpurohit says:

Indeed a strong statement to make. Loved it to the core…”take a pause and shift your focus inwards…..let them talk to you first…” The post is indeed filed with many nuggets worth a revisit. It happens, for sure..at times the urge to create something is so strong that we end up losing the core thought. The crux of the story remains, its the thought which is more important and not the story that eventually churn out of it. Wonderful post for sure..!!!

6. Beloo Mehra says:

Loved reading this gem of a post! Way to go, Anamika! This really felt like a peek into the flow of thoughts in your mind. Thank you for writing this. Writing should be this liberating experience, if it has to be our means to greater self-awareness and a deeper familiarising with the depths of our being.

7. Lori Carlson says:

Beautiful musings! I know for me that when I allow doubt and perfectionism to cloud me, I get very little done.. I am a writer for heaven sake… and a writer should, must write! Have a lovely week!

A blogger friend once said while writing is a lonely experience, blogging is more of a collective experience. The beauty of blogging lies in how the working of one, supposedly lonely, mind can find identification with someone else’s and together both the minds develop a bonding. I am glad my musings could do that for both of us πŸ™‚ You too have a lovely and fulfilling week ahead. Hoping to meet you next week again with another Monday Musing.

Awesome perspective and a clear reflection of your thoughts and the tussle. We all go through this in some way or the other. But still writing makes us who we are. We need to let the thoughts flow and may be watch them reach their destination.

9. Rekha @ Dew Drops says:

It felt like a reflection of my own thoughts. The more you try to shut it up, it struggles even harder to flow out. Even when there’s this thing called writer’s block that strikes, our words are fighting their battle with us. Beautifully written, Anamika! Thoroughly enjoyed reading it. πŸ™‚

10. Maliny Mohan says:

To write from the heart is what satiates me the most. However hard I try to write otherwise, I end up deleting the whole thing. One of those rare introspective posts from you and I loved it just like your mamma posts πŸ™‚

11. Esha Mookerjee Dutta says:

Absolutely awesome post, Anamika! I read and re-read your post as I grapple with a difficult week when my muse has abandoned me all of a sudden! I loved the style in which you conceived this post…so much akin to the stream of consciousness method, where you let your thoughts flow easily. The post spoke to me!!! Just wanted to let you know…we do look forward to your posts…love to know about your everyday experiences…Please do keep sharing and writing without worrying about what others think of them…you have a style so uniquely your own, that’s what makes them so special πŸ™‚

I loved the whole narration and the reflection of your strangled thoughts, Anamika. Makes a lot of sense. I haven’t been blogging or reading any blogs in the last 3 to 4 weeks. Today I finally opened my laptop and typed your blog URL. I knew that I have been missing out a lot and I found gold right here. The suffocating thoughts when expressed through words, brings the author a sense of liberation which can never be achieved otherwise.That process is therapeutic. Readers definitely bring the writer more happiness but they come later in the process. So you continue doing your dance with the thoughts that won’t let you sleep and create more magic like this again and again. A little late I might be to catch up with your words but I will be here catching up nevertheless! πŸ™‚

13. Rohan Chaubey says:

Your post spoke to me on so many levels. I’m grateful that you wrote and shared this with me.

Tweeting this: “You are not here to compete or to impress but to create and venture on the path of self awareness.”

Looking forward to read more posts at your blog. πŸ™‚

Rohan.