Recently, I joined a blogging group B-A-R and I was asked to introduce myself on its Facebook page. Now, believe it or not I spent half a day pondering upon which aspects of my personality and life to bring out as my introduction.
I weighed upon several aspects about where to begin, what to include, whether I should limit it to the mention of things from the surface or should I introduce something from my deeper self.
Introduction is a great way of knowing ourselves in addition to, off course, letting others know who we are. As we keep growing in life, we add a good deal of facets to our personality. We constantly discover more about ourselves and thus our introduction also keeps changing with the times.
The questions those prevailed in my mind, that day, were –
- Shall I begin my introduction from the time I became a mother or from the time prior to becoming a mother?
- Shall I tell about the places I have lived and been to in life?
- Shall I introduce myself as an introvert who used to take ages to connect to people but today find it much easier to recognize personalities I can connect with?
- Shall I introduce myself as a solitude seeker who is forever on the run away from larger groups of people and crowds?
- Shall I reveal that I consider myself to be on a spiritual quest who believes in the power of mind more than anything else and in the intrinsic connection our soul has with the Divine which compels me to go inwards?
- Shall I point out once again that reading and writing form a vital part of my existence today and that I cannot write if I am not reading & vice-a-versa?
- Shall I make it obvious by mentioning I practice parenting with awareness and I am in the process of raising a reader for life?
- Shall I drop in that I can be as mad and funny and serious as I can be?
- Shall I let out a little secret that I keep wondering about the grammar usage in my posts whether I am getting it alright?
After letting my thinking horses run berserk for half a day, I finally agreed upon pulling their leash hard on and introduced myself as below-
I am a nomad. I have lived at many places (though not as much as the army people). I enjoy moving, packing, unpacking, settling down and even winding up. I carry within me every city I have lived in without ever getting attached to any of them and thus have been able to uproot myself everytime, without the slightest pain. May be I am not rooted to the earth.
I was born in my native village near Aligarh in U.P. I started my schooling in Guwahati and finished it in Mathura, courtesy my father’s transferable job. I moved to Delhi for higher studies, later settled down there with job and marriage. Subsequently, I followed husband wherever his work took him to, and ended up living in Chicago, UK and now Bangalore.
Preston, UK was the place where I gave birth to my blog 2 years ago. It was then called ‘I know nothing about it’. The ‘it’ in the blog’s name referred to parenting and it carried tales of a bewildered parent, that was me. Blogging helped me find more such clueless and bewildered mothers and the awakening dawned that I was not alone knowing nothing. Bonding with the likes of equally ignorant and know nothing mothers gave me confidence (ironically).
Now my blog’s name is ‘The bespectacled mother’ and this is who I am – a 4.7 year old mother (this is my son’s age) with thick glasses on my eyes. I am growing up everyday along with my son and my blog, these days, houses my growing up stories.
P.S. Aligarh, Guwahati, Mathura and Delhi are cities in India and Chicago is a city in USA.
Friends and readers, would you like to join me, take some time out and introduce yourself to the fellow readers here on this page? You are free to explore whichever aspects of your life you wish to.
I am co-hosting #MondayMusings today with Corinne Rodrigues.
Join us with your #MondayMusings post.
All you have to do is:
- Write a post sharing your thoughts with us – happy, sad, philosophical, ‘silly’ even. Make it as personal as possible.
- Use the hashtag #MondayMusings.
- Add your link to the linky which you will find here and on Corinne’s post.
- Use our #MondayMusings badge to encourage other bloggers join in too.
- Visit and comment on the posts of other bloggers linked here.
- Share the love.