Gratitude Post – Dec 2015

2015 is gone. 2016 has started.

2015 has been the best year of my life, I can confidently conclude. During this year I discovered how putting gratitude in written words brought about a tremendous change in my life. It heightened the awareness and strengthened my belief in the goodness.

The more good I saw

The more good happened to me

The biggest blessing I would consider, in the past year, is my association with Write Tribe. I am thankful to my friend and blogger Vinitha Dileep for suggesting me to join this group and supporting me in my blogging journey. Write tribe community helped me stay positive throughout the year and contributed in making Gratitude a constant stay in my life. The regular writing/blogging improved my expression and the appreciation I received in the process served as the cherry on the cake.  I made many new connections in the blogging world, some of them have become good friends with whom the relationship extends beyond our blogs into our private spaces.

Today I am grateful for, in general, –

• blogging and how the quest for recognizing stories from daily life makes me more aware thus making me a better parent with each passing day.
  • feeling comfortable and independent in this city, Bangalore, which I made home in the last months of 2014.
  • all the books I got to read this year. I have read more in 2015 than any other year with my reading list including many picture books and children classics among others.
  • the cosy and friendly bookstore, Lightroom Bookstore, which Dhruv and I frequent every month to indulge ourselves. Everytime I visit the place I discover amazing picture books of which I have had no idea of their existence.
  • the library ‘Reading Room – My Little Chatterbox‘ and its vibrant owner Falak Randerian who runs this library for children and lets me borrow children’s books for myself. It is all thanks to her library that I have read some fabulous works in children’s literature.
  • social media which lets me share my thoughts, my blog posts and keeps me connected to other bloggers and communities. If not for Facebook I would not have known about the Mommitment movement. This movement is about showing compassion and support to other moms instead of judgement and shaming and I am a part of it.

December Specifics –

• Amit has been away for work in UK for the past 2 months. It was his birthday in December and Dhruv was concerned how will he send birthday cake to his papa. Since sending a birthday cake was not feasible, we did something else. Dhruv selected a birthday card and now that he has learnt to write capital letters, he excitedly wrote ‘Happy Birthday Papa’ by himself. Thereafter, both of us went to the post office, bought the stamps, stuck them on the envelope and posted it into the letter box. The best part was Amit received the card on his birthday as a pleasant surprise.
  • Dhruv and I became Santa for our domestic help’s 3 year old son by preparing a gift for him. The grateful part was watching Dhruv being upbeat about the whole gifting idea.
  • Taking advantage of the holidays and  my parents staying with us, we had a good time visiting the zoo, Lal Bagh and Nehru Planetarium. As always, it was great to see the bond between Dhruv and his Nanu-Nani.  Gratitude is in listening to Dhruv enumerate the day’s events at night in the form of stories which often lend a new perspective to the day.
  • I became the family photographer and driver in Amit’s absence. While photography with a heavy Nikon camera is not something I enjoy, I am grateful for the driving part and the GPS due to which I got a chance to become familiar with more Bangalore roads.
  • I experimented with writing my first piece of pure fiction with a prompt and within the word limit of 100 words and I enjoyed the experience of cooking it up.

Wishing you all a very happy and gratitude filled new year.

Linking this post to the Gratitude Circle hosted by Vidya Sury and Corinne Rodrigues

Gratitude-Circle-Vidya-Sury-471x500

11 thoughts on “Gratitude Post – Dec 2015

Lovely post and happy 2016 to you and your sweet little family. Driving – ah! I got the license but I need some courage. Your words make me think about it. You have so many sweet things to be grateful for and gratitude is important. I also started penning these regularly and I can see the difference.

2. the bespectacled mother says:

You are so right Parul 🙂 The remarkable aspect about coming up with our gratitude posts like a ritual every month is it helps us recognise the smaller events as important instead of letting us wait for the bigger milestones to realise happiness.
    For driving, bring the car out on the road. You will make mistakes, the car will stop abruptly alot in the beginning but don’t let it get to you. Just a matter of 1 week and you will feel it. I still get my lefts and rights messed up 😀

3. shanayatales says:

You did seem to have a great 2015. I too have read the most books in 2015 (especially comparing my recent history). On other fronts, it has been a great year of discovery and growth for me.

Wishing you lots of love and light in 2016. 🙂

I agree with you with respect to the self discovery and growth part. Reading and writing have been great aids for bringing out my strengths too. Thank you for the wishes. I wish you too lots of happiness and positivity in 2016. May you continue to achieve newer horizons with your blog and personal life 🙂

4. Soul Talk says:

Wonderful post, Anamika! I totally agree how writing the gratitude posts have made us more aware of all the little blessings in life that often go unnoticed by us in our quest for bigger happiness(es)! I am so glad I connected with you on Write Tribe. It is wonderful getting to read your posts and knowing you virtually. Wishing you all the best for the coming year! Wishing you more light and happiness in 2016!!! 🙂

Thank you Esha 🙂 I am equally glad to have connected with you. About knowing virtually, I had been thinking of planning to meet you in these holidays, then came to know you were on a vacation in Jaipur. Hope you had a great time. The photographs are lovely. Wish you too a great year ahead in 2016.

• Soul Talk says:

Thank you so much Anamika! I had a similar thought in mind about meeting up with you. Lets plan something soon. I had a lovely trip to Jaipur although it was a short one! Glad you liked the photos.:-) Wishing you a great year too in 2016!

5. G Angela says:

So nice to know that connecting with write tribe and being gratitude has kept you positive and happy, great post; enjoyed reading your post, it was so cute of Dhruv to send a card to his pappa .. little things bring so much joy and also nice to know that you have visited and explored the city… thanks for sharing, wishing you happy new year, 2016 !!