A couple of months ago, Ritu who blogs at But I smile anyway nominated me for 2 awards – The Versatile Blogger Award and Liebster Award and it feels good. RItu has recently achieved a blogging milestone of 1000th post. So, friends please congratulate her.
For a change, I decided to be creative this time and thought of doing one post for both the awards.
The Versatile Blogger Award –
- Thank the person who gave you this award and include a link to their blog.
- Tell the person who nominated you, seven facts about you
- Next, select blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly.
- Nominate those bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award.
Seven facts about me –
It seems I have blogged a lot about myself as a person and it is going to be challenging to come with 7 new facts which I have not given a mention earlier.
- I live in Bangalore, a place which has lovely weather throughout the year.
- I cannot cook or work in the kitchen without playing songs in the background and humming along. This is the only way I can enjoy cooking.
- If I like a song I will play it back to back several times until the time it is pointed out to me by external forces and my reply is “I believe in internalizing the song”.
- I am a boring person if you meet me in person. You can very well deduce that I express all my sense of humour (if you trust me with it) through the way of blogging alone.
- I am very good at connecting with kids.
- I do not like watching television.
- I have discovered gratitude in my life recently which has set the Karma rolling for me in the way of good wishes coming back to me from several sources.
With this I am closing this thread here. Yes, no nominations.
Liebster Award –
- Once nominated, you answer 11 questions about yourself or your blog, then give 11 random facts about yourself.
- The next step is to nominate 11 more qualifying bloggers for the award and create 11 questions for them to answer.
- Then you must visit each blog you’ve nominated and inform him/her about the award.
My answers –
- Why do you blog?
A – To express myself through written words.
- Favorite music?
A- Hindi movies’ songs, mainly from 50’s and 60’s.
- What would be your perfect day?
A- Doing nothing except reading whatever I am reading at the moment.
- If you could travel anywhere, where would you go?
A- A place called Lucern. Don’t ask me why.
- Favorite author?
A- I would bore the regular readers of my blog to death if I mention that name again.
- Coke or Pepsi?
A- I dislike both of them. Adrak wali chai (ginger tea) is for me.
- What is your favorite historical time period?
A- History evades my mind. For me, the present time is the best time.
- Read on a Kindle or paperback book?
A- Paperback. Kindle for me will serve as a bookmark in the paperback 😀
- Who would you want with you if you were stranded on a deserted island?
A- A plane or a ship with crew to get me back from there.
- Favorite color?
A- Red, anytime.
- What do you hope people get out of your blog?
A- A connection with my experiences and me as a person.
Its over. No nominations again.
Thank you Ritu for giving me a chance to go on an inward journey.