#Microblog Mondays 9 : Vacations
Holidays and vacations are fun times.
We were on a vacation for 15 days visiting my parents and in-laws in Delhi.
You know you had a good time on vacation –
- when the weather was not hot which is usual for the month of April in North India but was unexpectedly pleasant & cool.
- when you had something exciting to look forward to every alternate day.
- when you get to meet 3 of your friends out of the 4 planned and you wanted the clock to stop ticking because the chats were so very interesting and enriching.
- when your mother-in-law competes with your mother in showering love and affection over you, and
- when a void and sadness creeps in with the aircraft landing at the Bangalore airport signalling the vacation coming to an end.
You know you have loads of work to do after all the good time you had –
- when, at home, the digital meter on your weighing scale starts on a marathon the moment you step over it and settles down on a result which shows you ate really well.
- when, even after 2 days of return, the kid persistently asks you why did we have to return and why couldn’t we continue staying at Naanu’s place and your answers fail to convince him every time.
- when the huge dirty laundry load calls out for you from that laundry basket in that corner and you move a considerable number of the dirty clothes away from your sight stuffing them into the dry washing machine.
- when you have to organise the kitchen cabinets and the wardrobes which you had been postponing to be done after returning from vacation but instead you pull out your laptop and sit down to write about it.
Linking up with Microblog Mondays at Stirrup Queens.