#Microblog Mondays 2 : Of Peace and Pain

One evening, I was out for a walk in my apartment complex. Slowly and gradually the darkness was setting in. I could feel the cool breeze brush against my hand which had been holding Dhruv’s hand. The twinkling green lights on a balcony’s rails 3 or 4 levels above me caught my attention. It was very quiet all around, perfect, peaceful and serene. I felt safe and secure.

In that moment my mind got carried away to the Gujarat riots. Hadn’t been everything perfect like this, then, until the moment when the peace and serenity would have started burning with screeches and screams? My mind travelled further into the history creating thoughts about how it would have been at the time of India Pakistan partition, all the incidences I have read about enacting themselves in front of my eyes. Wondering, I was left of the longevity of the emotion of peace.

Can peace be an emotion?

The last week that went by was all about the excruciating pain in 2 of the molars which had died long time ago but my reluctance or laziness stopped me from doing anything about them. So their ghosts came by, haunting me with pain leaving me with no choice apart from visiting the dentist and getting one of  them extracted. May that tooth find peace in its grave.

Linking up with Write Tribe Pro Blogger Challenge

and

Microblog Mondays at Stirrup Queens.

microblog_mondays

11 thoughts on “#Microblog Mondays 2 : Of Peace and Pain

How did it take such a turn from being so serious and philosophical to reality and tooth??? Loved this post, Anamika. I felt varying emotions reading it and the greatest part was the ending which left me with a smile. 🙂 Well done.

We all are all of this – serious, philosophical, real, funny and with teeth in our mouths 😀 The first instance was about peace to pain and the second was about pain to peace. I am glad, Vinitha, that my thoughts made you smile.

All’s well that ends well 🙂 To get to smile after coming face to face with your fears leaves one with a good feeling. I am glad that this post did that to you.

I had a C-section so I skipped the pain of childbirth. For me dental pain is the deadliest. I still have one dead molar in my mouth which I will get extracted later. I did not the strength to get 2 of them plucked out at once. 😦

2. Mel says:

Wow… I’m left contemplating what IS peace? Is it something that marks a moment in time? An emotion that is felt? A state of being that is true for everybody?

3. the bespectacled mother says:

Those are too many questions Mel 🙂 I would look at peace as a state of mind in which one is content and satisfied. Thanks for being thoughtful.