Sisterhood of The World Bloggers Award!
Wow!! One more award!!!
Thank you ‘A Champa Tree‘ for your kindness in nominating me for this award.
Vaishali of ‘A Champa Tree’ is an awesome blogger. I love her blog for its designs, for her stories and the baby facts too. She puts in commendable efforts keeping in mind that she is a busy mom of a small baby. Her blog posts A Psalm for my son and Hug it out are my favourites.
Moving further, here are the rules which go with this award.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you, linking back to their site
Put the Award logo on your blog
Answer the ten questions sent to you
Make up ten new questions for your nominees to answer
Nominate seven blogs. (I am further placing a link on the nominees’ blogs to let them know about their nomination)
Being done with the first 2 points, now its time for my answers.
1. What do you like to tell the readers through your blog?
My blog is an attempt to connect with moms all over the world. Motherhood creates universal bonds like no other. My take – I am imperfect at a job in which my heart lies and, may be, so are you. So, why not bond over our imperfections over a virtual coffee’.
My blog is also about children books and the memories we create while reading them.
2. Which is the most beautiful post that you would like to revisit from time-to-time (could be from your blog or any other blog)?
Well, I like all the poems I have posted on my blog. I am no poet. My poems are just an extension of my overflowing emotions and hence they are all close to my heart.
3. One topic that you can write endlessly on..
Definitely my son Dhruv, his never ending questions, his innocent interpretations of the stories we read together, his dramatization of the things happening around him…..yes, the list is endless.
4. Your favorite song of all time. Share a few lines with us please!
My favourite song is –
You are my moon
You are my sun
You are the twinkle of my eyes
I can live by looking at you
You are the twinkle of my eyes
In case you might be wondering which song is this. It is my lullaby for Dhruv and a rough transalation of the hindi song –
Chanda hai tu
Mera suraj hai tu
Haan meri aankhon ka tara hai tu
Jeeti hun main bas tujhe dekh kar
Is toote dil ka sahara hai tu
5. Your favorite movie and why?
My favourite movie is ‘The Polar Express’. This movie is about celebrating the spirit of Christmas Though it is a kids movie and was my son’s fav for the longest period of time, the lesson I got from it is ‘I Believe’. I believe in my dreams, my love and my efforts.
6. What is this one thing that you do first thing in the morning?
I wake up rubbing my eyes, open the main door and collect the milk packets delivered at the door step every morning. Sounds interesting……hahaha.
7. If you could wake up tomorrow having gained one quality or ability, what would it be?
That ability will be to compartmentalize my head with different activities and To Do’s for the day so that they do not get all jumbled up leaving me at bay. World peace has to wait.
8. For what in your life do you feel most grateful?
I am most grateful for the life I have which has never been perfect yet I am satisfied it has shaped up well as per the adjustments I have made.
9. What is your most treasured memory?
My treasured memory is about the time I spent with my son living in UK, our long riverside walks in the warnth of the summer, the bus rides, our leisurely sittings at the train station simply watching the trains pass by, stopping on our way in the town centre to watch the garbage trucks, the excavators and the vaccum cleaner trucks doing their jobs because Dhruv loves them and down the line they became my interests too. 🙂
10. What would constitute a perfect day for you?
I have no idea about what would be a perfect day for me. If I am able to go to sleep content any night, I consider that day to be a perfect day.
I hope I have done justice to your questions Vaishali.
Now my turn to write down 10 questions for my nominations –
- Which was your favourite book as a child?
- What is that childhood memory you are most fond of?
- What does blogging mean to you?
- Who is that one person in your life holding positive influence over you?
- How do you quieten your mind to get some sleep?
- What are your dreams about?
- What is your happy place?
- Life is a long journey but still if you have to, how will you summarise the life you have lived till now?
- What are your plans for yourself as an individual in 2015?
- The last question – What will you consider yourself – Romantic or Practical?
My Nominations –
- A Conceivable Dream
- Sinhas at 302
- Surviving the unexpected
- A wandering mind of a bookaholic
- My experiments with words
- Ina Tales.
I exceeded by one here.
I hope they all accept my nominations..